Business Development Executive
Focused on service excellence, Ashtead Technology provides equipment solutions for the Environmental, Health & Safety, Materials Testing and Remote Visual Inspection markets.
Our Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire office is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Business Development Executive to work within the busy and vibrant sales and marketing team.
The purpose of the role is to generate sales revenue for the company, through a combination of handling incoming enquiries, developing and managing existing strategic customer accounts and researching new prospects and opportunities.
Based on the office location, this role would be suited to someone in the North Hertfordshire / Central Bedfordshire area.
- Monitoring and providing first line of support for significant incoming enquiries
- Following up outstanding quotations
- Liaise with external field sales personnel for significant opportunities
- Creation of external appointments for the sales team
- Assistance with exhibitions and lead follow-ups
- Ensuring that existing key accounts are managed and contacted regularly
- Ensuring that key prospects are contacted regularly and referred where appropriate
- Assisting customers with equipment selection and recommendations
- Assisting external sales managers with complex quotations, tenders and associated follow-up
- Assistance with marketing campaign follow-up activities
- Managing the input of data to the CRM system
- Managing business development campaigns targeted at new customers, markets, geographies and products
- Produce and circulate customer and BD reports as directed
- Investigate customer complaints where necessary
- Be familiar with the health, safety and emergency procedures and take part in emergency drills.
- Attend sales, marketing and operational meetings as necessary
- Adhere to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and industry standards
- Track record of experience in a technical sales or business development role, preferably with scientific or technical equipment
- Prior knowledge or aptitude / willingness to learn about scientific and technical equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse client group
- Confident, self-driven individual with a clear focus on customer service and achievement of objectives
How to apply:
Please submit your CV using the form below.
To apply, please fill in the form below and upload your CV.