Position: Operations Manager
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire (with occasional UK travel)
Reporting to: General Manager
As part of our continued growth and relocation to a new facility in Q4, 2017, we are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing both the technical and customer service teams and ensuring our commitment to service excellence is met on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide clear leadership, direction and motivation of the customer service, internal sales and technical teams both strategically and operationally
- Work closely with the leadership team to produce solutions to strategy, technical, service delivery, contractual and/or commercial challenges impacting the business
- Adopt a hands-on approach to help deliver the key objectives of the strategic plan for the business, particularly revenue, gross margin and ROI.
- Formulating and implementing operational procedures that will improve the business’ competitive position and profitability
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Ensure health and safety compliance and facility management
- Includes direct management of a team of up to 10 direct reports
Ashtead Technology is a market leading equipment solutions business supplying specialist equipment for both rental and sale. Operating from 5 bases and via agents, the business has a turnover of £22m and 82 FTEs.
The London business (relocating to Bedfordshire) forms part of the wider group’s activities and provides scientific and technical equipment solutions for the Environmental, Health & Safety, Materials Testing and Visual Inspection markets, through a combination of equipment rental, sales, calibration and repair services.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable operational or general management experience, including customer facing activity and management of direct reports
- A track record of delivering revenue and/or profitability growth through operational and commercial led activities within the service industry
- A scientific or technical equipment background and/or relevant qualification
- Experience of the procurement and/or provision of equipment rental services
- A structured approach to problem solving and a high degree of follow-through on detail in execution
- The propensity to develop a strong working relationship with direct reports and the senior management team
- Above peer group average numerical and communication skills
- A highly communicative and non-confrontational approach to conflict resolution
- An open, honest, friendly and enthusiastic style that enables them to positively influence multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
To apply, please fill in the form below and upload your CV.