Focused on service excellence, Ashtead Technology provides equipment solutions for the Environmental, Health & Safety, Materials Testing and Remote Visual Inspection markets.
Our Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire office is seeking an experienced and motivated Technician / Engineer to work within the busy and dynamic technical team.
The purpose of the role is to ensure all equipment is prepared, tested, labelled, identified, stored safely, calibrated and packaged appropriately before delivery. To maintain and calibrate both owned and customer equipment and to maintain and complete relevant paperwork within the ERP / CRM system.
Based on the office location, this role would be suited to someone in the North Hertfordshire / Central Bedfordshire area.
- Responsible for inspection, testing, calibration repair and preparation of monitoring and inspection equipment, including environmental, NDT and visual inspection equipment.
- Completing Pre and post rental equipment inspection and associated AX work orders
- Undertaking or managing equipment repair and cleaning
- Undertaking or managing calibration of equipment as detailed in work instructions
- Completing or managing repairs, calibration and servicing to customer and owned assets
- Managing missing or damaged equipment and informing customers where necessary
- Management of rental contracts
- Preparation, packing and organising delivery of equipment
- Goods in and out duties
- Customer technical support
- Commissioning new rental assets
- Assign asset status and appropriate labelling to equipment.
- Propose purchases of spares, accessories and ancillary rental items to maintain equipment.
- Ensure that equipment is suitably and safely packaged and stored.
- Maintain records within asset history and contract files.
- Raise disposal and transfer paperwork. Raise non-conformance reports
- Promote a positive health and safety attitude.
- Be familiar with the health, safety and emergency procedures and take part in emergency drills.
- Attend performance and operational meetings
- Use Personal Protective Equipment as stipulated.
- Adhere to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and industry standards
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering/ other technical discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
- Track record of experience in a Technician/Engineering role undertaking repair, maintenance and testing of electronic equipment
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply:
Please submit your CV using the form below.
To apply, please fill in the form below and upload your CV.