3D modelling technology
Available globally, Welaptega’s 3D Modelling technology creates accurate geometric models for damage analysis, repair solutions and strength assessments of damaged or degraded components.
Whether the component has been damaged during the installation process or has suffered accelerated corrosion, the 3D modelling technology will identify valuable defect characteristics such as the dimension and volume. This data can then be used to identify the most appropriate repair and maintenance strategy.
How does Welaptega’s 3D modelling technology work?
The technology uses an in-house designed camera system, high intensity LED lighting and scaling magnets to take 2D photos of the component. The photos are then rapidly complied into an accurate 3D model.
What can it measure?
Suitable for use on pipelines, wellheads, field architecture and mooring components, the 3D modelling technology can determine the following defect characteristics:
- Linear and angular offsets
- Radius of curvature
- Cross-sectional areas
- Depths, widths, and heights
- Volume of material
What are the benefits of using 3D modelling?
- Detailed analysis: the ability to understand critical elements of a defect means you can make a better, more informed decision on the short and long term repair requirements.
- High accuracy: the Welaptega 3D modelling technology is the most accurate currently available on the market and boasts a less than 1% error rate.
- Minimal disruption: data is collected while components are in water and operating
- Minimal ROV time required: component surfaces require only basic cleaning and little setup
- Flexible deployment: 3DM can be deployed by work class or eyeball ROVs as well as divers or rope-access technicians