News & Events
Ashtead Technology has an immediate opening for CNC Programmer/Machinist at our Broussard, Louisiana facility.
Accountable for taking direction from the department head, fully understanding applicable policies, rules, and regulations, and working with safety as a high priority. Candidate must have 5+years minimum experience in setting up equipment and operation.
• Must be able to programme and operate
• Must be able to read and comprehend engineering drawings
• Capable to create programs and operate Mazak CNC Mill
• Attention to detail, able to hold tight tolerances, and make complex parts
• Understand and properly use machine tooling, including inserts, end mills, drills, boring bars
• Understand and properly use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, indicators, travel indicators, plug and ring gages. Analog, Digital or Vernier
• Self-motivated, ability to work well with others, problem-solving, and troubleshoot with engineers to optimize the machining process, improve set up time, and develop efficiencies on machine room floor
• Knowledge of arithmetic, geometry, with the ability to apply mathematical functions
• Multi-task, work with a sense of urgency, meet tight deadlines, and work overtime if required
• Able to keep team members, leaders, and necessary co-workers informed and communicate when assistance is needed
• Able to complete work order requests. Fulfill orders for production
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent trade schooling
• Preferred 5+ years CNC programming experience
• Ability to lift 25-50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Ability to stand on feet for up to 8-hour shifts
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply individually to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.