News & Events
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Solutions Engineer to join our team based in Broussard, LA.
Under the Mechanical Solutions division the Mechanical Solutions Engineer will ensure that all design engineering conforms to legislation, regulations, standards and sound engineering practices as well as Ashtead internal procedures. You will be involved in problem solving, engineering design, planning and review with solutions team, stake holders and clientele for various subsea tooling applications including but not limited to fluid intervention, mechanical interfaces and cutting solutions.
• Must install and maintain a safety and quality culture in every action and decision within the engineering design function.
• Problem solving, engineering design, planning and review with solutions team, stake holders and clientele for various subsea tooling applications including but not limited to fluid intervention, mechanical interfaces and cutting solutions
• Liaise with workshop team to ensure all risk assessments are completed prior to commissioning, function testing, pressure testing or operational testing of any newly designed equipment.
• Identification of suitable suppliers for required parts and components for safe and effective use either for new designs or for existing equipment. Identification of necessary documentation / test reports or certificates for components or parts.
• Communication with suppliers – submissions of purchase orders and ordering of parts and components where required. Liaise with office administration and procurement on ordering.
• Inspection of ordered goods to ensure conformity to purchase orders and Ashtead requirements.
• Create and deliver operations / maintenance and safety manuals for new designed equipment – update existing manuals as necessary.
• Practical involvement with workshop activities – aiding with and/or overseeing manufacture, assembly and testing activities for both new and modified tooling.
• Full understanding / knowledge of and ability to produce operational and maintenance documentation and engineering drawings and/or schematics for design, manufacture, assembly and testing.
• Preparation of calculations, management of design packages and performance reviews.
• Participate in pre- and post-job review meetings. Participate in close out and implementation of corrective actions, resulting from NCR’s and customer input.• xLiaise with QHSE and aid in the investigations and reporting of failures, NCRs etc.
• Liaise with other departments including tendering, projects and business development to aid the wider team in securing and successfully executing project scopes.
Experience, Qualifications and Person Specification:
• Engineering Degree/ Mechanical Engineering, Cad, AutoCAD etc.
• Significant experience using SolidWorks is required.
• 5+ years’ experience in the O&G Industry, preferably in IRM and decommissioning mechanical tooling.
• Problem-solving capabilities and strong team worker.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply individually to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.