23 January 2024
Ashtead Technology is a leading global provider of technologically-advanced subsea solutions, tools and systems. We are seeking a Mechanical Technician in our Houma, La. facility.
Under limited supervision the role, in summary, will be required to perform work in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment, conduct machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
• Preparing and inspection testing equipment for hire, ensuring the kit is fully functional, complete, accurately documented, photographed, and professionally presented
• Ensure that equipment is stored correctly and safel
• Operates vehicles and equipment as necessary for diagnostic /delivery purposes
• Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service specifications
• Able to rebuild hydraulic and pneumatic tools
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Diagnose, rebuild and repair equipment to manufacturer standards
• Properly fill out work order completion forms in the ERP
• Create parts order list for repairs
• Off-hiring and testing equipment returning from hire as per workshop procedures
• Documenting any missing/damaged equipment
• Delivers parts and equipment to customers when necessary
• To provide on call support on rotation
• Travel offshore/dockside to assist as per client requirements
• Package and secure equipment suitable for the transport requirements.
• Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, and industry standards
• Follow hierarchy of controls as laid out in company risk assessments for various tasks required to be carried out as required
• Qualification in Mechanical/Hydraulics or other similar technical discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
• Track record of experience in a Mechanical role undertaking repair, maintenance and testing of mechanical equipment, preferably in a subsea environment
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform maintenance/service
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Some offshore experience preferred
• Professional attitude, uses initiative, good time management and organizational skills making them able to reprioritise in order to meet deadlines
• Keen to take on additional responsibility and lend a hand when needed
• Willing to work offshore and or dockside as and when needed, for example to operate or service equipment on behalf of a client
If you want to find out more, please click below.