News & Events
We have an exciting opportunity for an Offshore Survey Engineer to join our Survey & Robotics team. This position is offshore based. In this role you will be responsible for the installation, successful operation and maintenance of Ashtead Technology and customer owned equipment while on-site. Also to act as first-line technical support and service to customers on-site. Applicants must hold a valid offshore survival (BOSIET/FOET), already live in the Aberdeen/shire area, with a legal Right To Work in the UK. The annual base salary is topped up with a competitive Daily Offshore Allowance for every day spent offshore.
• Installation, integration and commissioning of equipment on customer onshore and offshore sites
• Identify, through diagnostic fault-finding, issues with on-site equipment and issue fault reports
• Complete first-line repairs to equipment
• Liaise with Ashtead Technology workshops worldwide for second-line technical assistance
• Ensure all deployed Ashtead Technology assets are maintained and operated in accordance with manufacturer, Ashtead Technology and contract parameters
• Track all Ashtead Technology assets, relevant to project, while deployed
• Maintain records of changes to setup / maintenance carried out whilst deployed
• Ensure that deployed equipment is stored correctly and safely, with all accessories
• Act as Ashtead Technology ambassador, displaying excellent customer service, positive attitude and fully participating in any client site schemes for Safety, Quality, etc. whilst deployed
• Package equipment returning from the vessel suitable for transport requirements and fully documented / accounted for, notifying Ashtead Technology of any known damages in advance
• Ensure timesheets are signed by the client prior to departure from the vessel / worksite
• Complete end of project reports, timesheets and expense forms promptly upon return.
• Prepare, test and package equipment pre-deployment to Ashtead Technology standards and procedures
• To undertake tasks in the workshop as and when required
• Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and industry standards
• HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or proven track record of equivalent industry experience
• Current Offshore Survival accreditation including valid OGUK medical
• Previous subsea experience with common survey sensors/equipment (eg. MBES,SSS, SBP, USBL, LBL & Magnetometers)
• Previous experience in subsea survey equipment, offshore
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive attitude – problem solver and team-worker
• IT literacy
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply individually to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.