19 January 2024
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Supervisor to join our team based in Houston, TX.
The primary function of this role is to ensure the efficient and safe running of the workshop by supervising the Electronics Technicians and prioritizing the tasks required to satisfy customer orders, inspect returned equipment and maintain equipment to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Responsible for the daily workshop supervision of the Electronics Technicians
- Day to day allocation of tasks to enable orders, inspections, and repairs to be completed against agreed schedules and defined objectives
- Ensure the workshop remains a safe and tidy working environment
- Supervise record-keeping in Ashtead ERP to the level required to demonstrate that tasks have been completed with the highest integrity
- Maintain the stock control system used for spares and consumables
- Preparing and testing equipment for hire
- Providing final quality control checks
- Testing equipment returning from hire and 3rd party
- Reporting missing/damaged equipment to the Technical Administrator
- Package equipment suitable for transport requirements
- Provide technical support to customers and sales staff
- To provide on-call support
- Commissioning New Equipment
- Ensuring hire equipment is labelled and identified
- Ensure that equipment is stored correctly and safely
- Completing equipment repairs to manufacturers specifications
- Accurately maintain kit and system accessory lists
- Carry out electrical safety tests as required by regulations
- Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s policies and operational procedures including Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality.
- Follow the hierarchy of controls as laid out in company risk assessments for various tasks required to be carried out as required
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience:
• Associates Degree in Electronic field or equivalent training and experience
• Well established and proven track record in an operations managerial role within the subsea or similar industry
• Well-organized and decisive with excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership, able to manage conflicting priorities and allocation of resources in a dynamic business environment
• Leading the delivery of excellent customer service by example
• Thorough technical, operational, and commercial knowledge of the offshore survey, IRM, and ROV tooling business
• Proficiently competent with Microsoft products (Office applications, ERP systems, etc)
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply individually to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.