News & Events
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Technician to join our Mechanical Solutions team based in Houma, LA.
The successful candidate will perform work in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment, conduct machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance service.
• Preparing and inspection testing equipment for hire, ensuring the kit is fully functional, complete, accurately documented, photographed, and professionally presented.
• Ensure that equipment is stored correctly and safely.
• Operates vehicles and equipment as necessary for diagnostic /delivery purposes.
• Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service specifications.
• Able to rebuild hydraulic and pneumatic tools.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Diagnose, rebuild and repair equipment to manufacturer standards.
• Properly fill out work order completion forms in the ERP.
• Create parts order list for repairs.
• Off-hiring and testing equipment returning from hire as per workshop procedures.
• Documenting any missing/damaged equipment.
• Delivers parts and equipment to customers when necessary.
• To provide on call support on rotation.
• Travel offshore/dockside to assist as per client requirements.
• Package and secure equipment suitable for the transport requirements.
• Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, and industry standards.
• Follow hierarchy of controls as laid out in company risk assessments for various tasks required to be carried out as required.
• Qualification in Mechanical/Hydraulics or other similar technical discipline and/or equivalent industry experience.
• Track record of experience in a Mechanical role undertaking repair, maintenance and testing of mechanical equipment, preferably in a subsea environment.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform maintenance/service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Some offshore experience preferred.
• Professional attitude, uses initiative, good time management and organizational skills making them able to reprioritize in order to meet deadlines.
• Willing to work offshore and or dockside as and when needed, for example to operate or service equipment on behalf of a client.
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply individually to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.