News & Events
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Technician to join our team based out at Westhill, near Aberdeen.
Primary Functions – to ensure all equipment is prepared, tested, labelled, identified, stored safely, calibrated and packaged appropriately before delivery. To carry out electrical safety tests as required by regulations. To maintain and complete work orders and customer records in the ERP.
• Responsible for inspection, testing, repair, and preparation of stand-alone and integrated subsea survey equipment and/or tooling packages
• Completing work orders in the ERP
• Commissioning new plant
• Ensuring hire equipment is labelled and professionally presented
• Preparing and testing equipment for hire, ensuring the kit is fully functional, complete, accurately documented, photographed and professionally presented
• Off-hiring and testing equipment returning from hire as per workshop procedures
• Documenting any missing/damaged equipment
• Completing repairs to equipment to manufacturer standards
• Carry out electrical safety tests as required by regulations
• Ensure that equipment is stored correctly and safely
• Adhere to the stock control system used for spares and consumables, reporting any shortages or issues to the Storeman
• Package and secure equipment suitable for the transport requirements.
• Completing export details as required
• Ensure that test equipment used during measurement and calibration is within calibration
• Complete Customer records as required
• As a mentor assess and sign off training & competency in Trainee Logbooks
• Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, and industry standards
• Follow hierarchy of controls as laid out in company risk assessments for various tasks required to be carried out as required
• To provide on call support on rotation
• HNC/HND/Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering/ other technical discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
• Track record of experience in a Technician/Engineering role undertaking repair, maintenance and testing of electronic equipment, preferably in a subsea environment
• Extensive knowledge of subsea equipment
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Offshore experience preferred
• Professional attitude, uses initiative, good time management and organizational skills making them able to reprioritise in order to meet deadlines
• Keen to take on additional responsibility and lend a hand when needed
• Willing to work offshore and or dockside as and when needed, for example to operate or service equipment on behalf of a client
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply individually to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.