Offshore Survey Engineer
15 December 2023
Join Us as an Offshore Survey Engineer!
Are you an adventurer at heart with a passion for the open sea?
Do you dream of combining your engineering expertise with the thrill of working offshore. Look no further! We’re on the lookout for fearless and skilled Offshore Survey Engineers to join our dynamic team.
The primary functions of this position are to ensure all equipment is prepared and tested for offshore project deployments. Then responsible for the installation, successful operation and maintenance of AT and customer owned equipment on site. Also, to act as first-line technical support and service to customers on-site.
• Prepare, test and package equipment pre-deployment to AT standards and procedures
• Installation, integration and commissioning of equipment on customer onshore and offshore sites
• Identify, through diagnostic fault-finding, issues with on-site equipment and issue fault reports
• Complete first-line repairs to equipment
• Liaise with AT workshops worldwide for second-line technical assistance
• Ensure all deployed AT assets are maintained and operated in accordance with manufacturer, AT and contract parameters
• Track all AT assets, relevant to project, while deployed
• Maintain records of changes to setup / maintenance carried out whilst deployed
• Ensure that deployed equipment is stored correctly and safely, with all accessories
• Act as AT ambassador, displaying excellent customer service, positive attitude and fully participating in any client site schemes for Safety, Quality, etc whilst deployed
• Package equipment returning from the vessel suitable for transport requirements and fully documented / accounted for, notifying AT of any known damages in advance
• Ensure timesheets are signed by the client prior to departure from the vessel / worksite
• Complete end of project reports, timesheets and expense forms promptly upon return
• To undertake tasks in the workshop as and when required
• Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and industry standards
• Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by the Project Manager or Project Engineer (during periods working onshore)
• HNC/HND/Degree in Electronic Engineering or proven track record of equivalent industry experience
• Current Offshore Survival accreditation including valid medical
• Previous subsea equipment experience
• Previous offshore experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive attitude – problem solver and team-worker
• IT literacy
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply individually to all candidates. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, then unfortunately your application may have been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply