Store Person – Westhill – Salary Circa £26,500-£27,500
Responsible for the efficient operation of the Stores and Aberdeen Warehouses, including:
- Maintain an efficient storage system for all assets, spares and consumables in the Aberdeen workshop and the Aberdeen Annex, ensuring everything is in the right location at all times.
- Greet and assist customers while receiving or returning equipment from rental.
- Make sure that all returning equipment is booked into AX promptly and accurately, reporting any missing or damaged items to the Goods In Supervisor and Operations Administrator.
- Storing terminated equipment in awaiting inspection area and completing the blue status label.
- Ensure that loads are safely loaded and unloaded from company or other vehicles.
- Responsible for the safe movement of items within the warehouse and stores areas.
- Coordinating the movement of assets between Aberdeen workshop and the Annex warehouse and updating AX and stores location records appropriately.
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse, keeping emergency exits clear, completing a daily housekeeping check and completing a weekly building walk-around checklist with the Operations Manager or designate.
- Be responsible for coordinating building maintenance needs.
- Work closely with Logistics and Driver providing cover or assistance to each when necessary.
- Accepting goods in deliveries and updating AX purchase orders.
- Manage and maintain stock levels of spare parts and consumables.
- Ensuring that equipment is suitably and safely packaged and stored on the racking or shelving as the case may be.
- Responsible for taking the lead on stock-taking of assets as required.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety attitude, complying with all PPE requirements, emergency procedures and taking part in emergency drills.
- Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and industry standards.
- Perform overtime as directed by the Workshop Supervisors to help meet customer deadlines, complete tasks etc.
Please be advised that we will only be able to reply to candidates who are successful in getting through to the interview stage. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks, then unfortunately this will mean that your application was unsuccessful. We apologise for this process however due to an expected high response rate to this vacancy, we are unable to reply to every applicant individually.
We are an equal opportunities employer.Apply for this role