Ashtead Technology is a leading global provider of technologically-advanced subsea solutions, tools and systems. We are seeking a Mechanical Technician in our Houma, La. facility.
Under limited supervision the role, in summary, will be required to perform work in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment, conduct machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
• Preparing and inspection testing equipment for hire, ensuring the kit is fully functional, complete, accurately documented, photographed, and professionally presented
• Ensure that equipment is stored correctly and safel
• Operates vehicles and equipment as necessary for diagnostic /delivery purposes
• Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service specifications
• Able to rebuild hydraulic and pneumatic tools
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Diagnose, rebuild and repair equipment to manufacturer standards
• Properly fill out work order completion forms in the ERP
• Create parts order list for repairs
• Off-hiring and testing equipment returning from hire as per workshop procedures
• Documenting any missing/damaged equipment
• Delivers parts and equipment to customers when necessary
• To provide on call support on rotation
• Travel offshore/dockside to assist as per client requirements
• Package and secure equipment suitable for the transport requirements.
• Adhere to Ashtead Technology’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, and industry standards
• Follow hierarchy of controls as laid out in company risk assessments for various tasks required to be carried out as required
• Qualification in Mechanical/Hydraulics or other similar technical discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
• Track record of experience in a Mechanical role undertaking repair, maintenance and testing of mechanical equipment, preferably in a subsea environment
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform maintenance/service
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Some offshore experience preferred
• Professional attitude, uses initiative, good time management and organizational skills making them able to reprioritise in order to meet deadlines
• Keen to take on additional responsibility and lend a hand when needed
• Willing to work offshore and or dockside as and when needed, for example to operate or service equipment on behalf of a client
If you want to find out more, please click below.
Ignite Your Journey as a CDL Driver with Us!
Roll up your sleeves, grip the wheel, and hit the open road with an opportunity that’s more than just a job – it’s a lifestyle. We’re on the lookout for a seasoned CDL Driver, someone who doesn’t just drive trucks but steers the course of reliability and excellence.
As a CDL Driver with us, you’re not just transporting goods; you’re a key player in the intricate dance of supply chain dynamics, ensuring our commitments are met with every mile covered.
Join us on this adventure where the horizon is limitless, and every delivery is a testament to your dedication and expertise. If you’re ready to take the wheel of your career and steer it towards success, hop on board and let’s navigate the highways of opportunity together!
Saddle up, rev your engines, and embark on a journey where every mile driven is a step closer to excellence. Drive into the future with us – where the road is your canvas, and the destination is success!
To find out more, and/or to apply, please click below then attach your CV and state which role it is that you are interested in.
Due to the holiday period, please expect a slight delay in us getting back to you.
You should hear back from us, if not automatically informed via the system, by mid-January and if your application is successful, you can expect to be invited for interview around the same time. Have a wonderful festive season and we will be in touch after the new year.
We are an equal opportunities employer and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.